Saturday, February 26, 2011

Knock Knock Jokes - Extra Special Bitter



! ATTNTN ! JUPITER IS PRESENT ! ATTNTN !


Last night I gathered with the Portland Evolver Spore crew at the Borthwick house and hosted a discussion on Musical Tarot. My friend Rachel (female virgo) joined me (male pisces) in a cooperative discussion on the relationship between tarot cards and vocal exercises.

A few days prior to the event, Rachel and I had met together for the first time to talk about what we would be presenting. Many of the ideas that arose during our first brainstorming session became the material for that night's event.

The first pair of cards we looked at were FOOL (Aleph) and THE MAGICIAN (Beth). Rachel and I related these cards to the idea of the fool's element attribution of AIR (breath) and the magician's role as a physical CONDUIT (energy mediums). During the first exercises, Rachel encouraged us to stretch, bending at the hips and taking deep breaths.

After a minute or so, our bodies were loosened up and we did some singing. Breathing deep into the diaphragm really helps to project the voice with more power and direction.

During our presentation, I spontaneously recalled a silly joke we had come up during our brainstorming session around these two cards. So as we were in the middle of group singing exercises, realizing its anecdotal potential, I asked her whether she recalled the joke. She apparently couldn't recall the joke, because when I brought it up, she wondered out loud if it had been a knock knock joke.

After the event, a guy in the field named Luke asked me what the knock knock joke was. I told him that there was no knock knock joke, and that rachel had been mistaken. The joke had only been a pun on Aleph-Beth spelling out "AB" and the fact that many of use were getting an abdominal workout. Noticing a faint trace of disappointment in his eyes, I swiftly corrected myself and posed the question:

knock. knock.
(who's there?)
Nobody


*     *     *     *     *

Later that evening I met up with Lavendar, the female friend who visited me at the goat farm in California and helped pick some Jasmine Flowers. It was late when I got to her house and I ended up staying the night. Early that morning we heard a knock knock at the front door. Lavendar went to see who was there.



NoBody

She came back to the room and we fell asleep again. Around noon, as we were headed out the door to sieze the day, she noticed something resting at her doorstep. One of her friends (named Christopher) had left a small painting: A 14" x 20" portrait of Portland's skyline.

The apparent "Nobody" had become Somebody with no-body .

I am reminded of Dennis's article on UNITY CONSCIOUSNESS as the solution to psychic fragmentation. My joke about soul-loss had been answered within 24 hours (via narrative synchronicity) by the presence of Christ's knock knock joke. An in-visibile spirit had knocked at the door and left an offering, as evidence of his presence. Christ as messenger of the presence of Unity Consciousness in the Field.

Lavendar and I spent the day together playing mandolin and doing some research at the book store. Met a guy who captures cicadas, dries them in the sun, and frames them in ornamental boxes, the way you might see a wedding ring presented. As the night drew closer, La' got on the bus to go home. I decided to give KBOO a visit.



A bunch of friends showed up and we played music all through the night. For the first hour or so we played George Harrison songs, in tribute to his birthday of February 26th.

Tonight (February 26) was my 24th birthday (Jupiter returns!), so there was a definite air of festivity around the studio. Guitars, banjos, flutes, juggling pins, and voices a'plenty.

One guy in particular had a guitar made by a company called Jasmine. It had a good tone, but he couldn't stop breaking strings. I think he broke three in the course of less than two hours. An odd coincidence, from the dreaming perspective.

He remained calm and jovial despite multiple accounts of his instrument malfunctioning. Was this the spirit of Jasmine speaking through him, as an avatar for her will? 



 A nurturing presence in the midst of strings that snap. Jasmine is often associated with the planet Jupiter and with Cancer/The Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment